Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: What is your favourite BAM or LAM scent?
Orchid Rose
Pink Amber
Sandalwood and Resins
Spicy Brown Sugar
Vanilla and Honey
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bewitch Attract Mesmerize fragrances
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 266
Thanks received:
265 thanks in 139 posts

Bewitch Attract Mesmerize fragrances
04-20-2012 10:17 AM

I've posted this in my journal, but thought I would put it here in the Product Reviews as well so it can reach anyone looking specifically for reviews on BAM without having to go all the way through my journal for it. Also, just for fun I thought I would play around with the poll option Smile

More fragrance reviews... this time I am reviewing the five scents of Bewitch, Attract, Mesmerise (BAM).

In alphabetical order, to avoid any potential bias:

Orchid Rose: Subtle and florally. I could definitely smell the copulins when I first put it on. It has that tangy, citrusy, fresh smell of roses outdoors. Unfortunately to me it reminds me of my grandma’s smell, so I am thinking in retrospect that she must have been a rose fragrance wearer. Perhaps for that reason it makes me think it is more of an old person’s smell, a bit more mature and respectable. It could also be that I tried this the day after trying Pink Amber and there is an obvious contrast there with that being a very young, girly smell. It did grow on me more throughout the day though, and the cops smell definitely died down after dry down. For some reason I was thinking about what it would be like in a linen spray, aside from the cops I think it would be a very nice, subtle, clean linen spray.

I must say, one thing I am learning about Love Potion’s scents is that they actually smell like what they are supposed to. You know how when you get a strawberry flavoured lolly, you expect it to taste like strawberry lolly, not like actual strawberry? That was similar to my feeling with scents before. Now I am starting to appreciate these fragrances smelling like actual things, not candied imitations. This one really does smell like roses.

Pink Amber: I’ve become a massive fan of pink scents recently. This one was no exception. I think I still prefer Passion in Pink, for the extra spicy depth to it, but this one was still beautiful. A bit fruity and florally at first, and very sweet, but the fruit notes seemed to weaken after dry down (maybe they were the copulins?). Very girly and to me it was foody, in fact the hungrier I got, the better it smelled. I literally felt like I wanted to eat this smell!

Sandalwood and Resins: I’m sorry to say I really didn’t like this one. It actually smelt quite masculine to me. I wouldn’t mind it on a man, but not on me, it was a bit too chemical and woody smelling. I will say for it that it was quite fresh and clean, but unfortunately, for me I think that meant I could smell the pheromones bleeding through in a less than pleasant way. This was the only one where I really thought I could smell them well after dry down.

Spicy Brown Sugar: Oh how I loved this smell. I can smell the cops just peeking through, and it adds to the overall scent in a really nice way. It dries down to a dark, sultry, honey smell. My biggest problem with it was the smell didn’t seem to last. I kept putting more on as my skin seemed to eat it. I also wondered how well the smell would disperse for this reason. With the Pink Amber smell I kept catching whiffs of it throughout the day, but not with this one. A shame as I really loved it and thought it was such a sexy smell.

Vanilla and Honey: I had a similar problem to the Spicy Brown Sugar with this. It smelled delicious when it went on – just that lovely, sweet vanilla – but shortly after I couldn’t smell it at all. I guess these honey/vanilla scents just don’t last on my skin Sad Probably a lovely smell for someone with the chemistry to wear it, but didn’t work out for me.

So after trying all these out I came up with the bright idea of combining Spicy Brown Sugar with Pink Amber to see if I could add a spiciness to the Pink Amber, as well as capture the sexy honey of Spicy Brown Sugar and help it linger a little better using the diffusion properties of pink fragrances on my skin. I cleaned out the trial vial of Raven Moon as thoroughly as I could and mixed 1/3 Pink Amber with 2/3 Spicy Brown Sugar. Yess!! This smell is JUST what I was after! Pink and sweet but with sexy, dark honey undertones. Seems to last a little better too. On careful sniffing I conclude that maybe it could have used more pink, but oh well, I can always top it up with some later Big Grin

Click here to visit my journal! Or for my product list and links to all reviews see page 13 ^_^
04-20-2012 10:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 555
Thanks received:
1223 thanks in 661 posts

RE: Bewitch Attract Mesmerize fragrances
04-20-2012 10:31 AM

Keep in mind that BAMs and LAMs are meant to be light covers, not full out fragranced scents. That's so you can layer them.
04-20-2012 10:31 AM
Thanks given by Synergist
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
265 thanks in 139 posts

04-20-2012 7:19 PM

True! Some of these, like Sandalwood and Resins, which I didn't like, I think would be completely different layered with some other scents on top. I tried them on their own so I could get an idea of what they are like without anything else interfering. But certainly none of them should necessarily be written off just because they are not that great on their own, as they may be fantastic when layered.

Click here to visit my journal! Or for my product list and links to all reviews see page 13 ^_^
04-20-2012 7:19 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
250 thanks in 353 posts

04-20-2012 9:48 PM

I'm not a fan of the BAMs, I can smell the b-nol iin every one of them & it is stinky to me. Not a fan of the Sexology scent or blend either.
04-20-2012 9:48 PM
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
265 thanks in 139 posts

04-21-2012 8:43 PM

Hasn't anyone else tried the BAM or Like A Magnet fragrances? I am curious as to what you people think? Please vote!

04-21-2012 8:43 PM

Share This Thread