Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Bartering article.
QuietGuy
Away
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Bartering article.
08-28-2009 8:07 PM

Informative article about an upswing in Bartering, due to current economic trends!

QuietGuy
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2009 8:08 PM by QuietGuy.)
08-28-2009 8:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: Bartering article.
08-29-2009 12:16 PM

Interesting article QuietGuy. Bartering is a big activity around my part of the country. Flea markets, yard sales, swap clubs, local AM radio even has swap type shows. I advertise my store on a radio swap show as a matter of fact, it's one of the most popular local programs around.

I think it becomes more popular in times and places of low cash flow. Appalachia has a culture of low cash flow. I even remember "company stores" when I was a kid well into the 70's. Men would work at the mill and cash their checks at the "company store" each week and the store would deduct the credit their family had used during the week. Much of the time it was the entire check. The mill was effectively bartering for the work and making a profit on the goods they sold to their own workers.

The Androstenone Discussion
08-29-2009 12:16 PM
QuietGuy
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

RE: Bartering article.
08-30-2009 6:29 PM

(08-29-2009 12:16 PM)renny Wrote:  Interesting article QuietGuy. Bartering is a big activity around my part of the country. Flea markets, yard sales, swap clubs, local AM radio even has swap type shows. I advertise my store on a radio swap show as a matter of fact, it's one of the most popular local programs around.

Wow, that's kind of cool, Renny. Where I live bartering is not as popular. However, that may change. Dodgy

A while back I read in the local paper about companies that otherwise may not have (economic down turn) survive if they did not use bartering clubs.. Sucks hippo gonads how the economy has deteriorated. Sad

When I was younger (19 and desperate!) I basically work for free in trade for work experience. Undecided

QuietGuy
08-30-2009 6:29 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Article on leadership Pheroman 0 1,620 02-05-2012 11:49 AM
Last Post: Pheroman