Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bad to wear popular fragrance?
metaltree

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Bad to wear popular fragrance?
07-20-2017 6:29 PM

(07-20-2017 6:11 PM)DrChocolate Wrote:  Oh. And the length of it is a good half a day on others noticing it, but a good 20 hours + me noticing it. After about a half a day, the sillage decreases.

Nice! That's better than most commercial fragrances.
07-20-2017 6:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scottie2Hottie
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

03-04-2018 6:01 PM

Alfonse makes some good points. Quite worrying about what anyone thinks. Man or woman. Be your own man. If you like a fragrance, then wear it. If a woman tries to shit test you because you're wearing it then treat it like any other shit test. If she's being a pain in the ass kindly invite her to go away then she doesn't have to smell it.

That aside, I think it's best to avoid fragrances of the masses. You use Pheromones to stand out from the crowd, right? Shouldn't your cologne reflect that as well? I've been thru 100s of samples and maybe 1% make the cut. I wear what I like. I couldn't care less if anyone else likes them. And they do. When a women says "What are you wearing I've never smelled anything like it" I know I'm on the right track. That scent made an impact and virtually no one else is going to smell like me. I've had many women ask what I'm wearing so they can get it for their husband/boyfriend. Hell I've even had my boss at work following me around like a lost puppy dog because of my cologne. We use Pheromones to make a lasting impression. Let your cologne do the same.
03-04-2018 6:01 PM

DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

03-04-2018 6:24 PM

Amen to that Scottie. Tried to rep ya, but I gotta spread love.

I agree. Which is why I suggested many times on the board to anyone to try and mix different EO's and make ur OWN blend. Mine so far is Amber patchouli sandalwood vanilla coconut. Am actually a little tired of typing this again and again. But if this last time is gong make an impact to me fellow moners, then am happy to know they at least tried. Smile

One more thing about the shit tests. But try it on ur own risk. If a chick's giving me shit, what I did so far and worked for me either for good or for bad is, ask her "hey do u reckon u could do us a massive favor?" believe it or not, EVERY chick says yes to that question. It's weird but everyone of'em will give u the green to go. When that happens, answer'em by saying "do u reckon u could leave us alone?"

Watch what happens next. A few chicks ACTUALLY bought me drinks for that. It's weird how when u're being an absolute arse to'em, they become all nice. Lol. Some DID leave me alone, and when that happens, am thinking to meself, man that's a massive load off me back. But some others will still stick around. ESPECIALLY when ya wear mones.
03-04-2018 6:24 PM
Scottie2Hottie
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

03-04-2018 6:36 PM

I read that about your EO blend. I used to play around with my own scents back in my early phero days. I came up with one that smelled like a root beer float. It was very sweet and foodie but women loved it. I couldn't tell you how many times some drunk chick walked up to me said "You smell soooo yummy" then lick my neck. Then they'd get a whiff of the Pheromones push me back all wide eyed and say "OMG you need to get away". I'd give them a knowing smirk and wink. The story usually ended in my bed. lol
03-04-2018 6:36 PM
HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

05-11-2018 8:28 AM

This is an old thread, but worth a comment.

Totally wear what you want and like. You don't have to be a brash ass about it either. I have some female friends that LOVE some of the stuff I wear and say I smell like an old man with some other stuff. My response is "you're nuts! This stuff smells great! I love it!" Then I sniff myself and say "Mmmm!"

It usually gets a chuckle and leads to a discussion about the "stuff" that they like.

And there are literally thousands and thousands of fragrances to wear out there. I got into it about two years ago from experimenting with a ton of LPMP, then trying 'commercial' frgrances. I now love it and have a large collection. I love variety so what I do is buy 'decants' which are small versions of full bottles of fragrances for obviously way less money. I usually go with a 10ml, which is about 1/10th of a bottle. You can find an endless variety of things to try on basenotes.com. Sift through though as some sellers have prices that ARE NOT GOOD.

There are many scents out there that not a lot of people wear.
05-11-2018 8:28 AM
Tyriel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

05-15-2018 4:01 AM

Funny that this is the direction this thread has gone to. Is this forum section not dedicated to people that want to get more information about fragrances? OP was just asking a question and the only people replying are the people that say it does not matter how you smell, as long as you like it. If this is the case, then the forum section "Perfumes, Colognes and Fragrances" should be removed.

You are not helping out if you are going on and on about how this and that does not matter, because it DOES matter. People do not just look at the shape of your face or the brand of shoes you are wearing. It all needs to add up and the right fragrance can make a big difference. On top of this, if you are 100% sure that you "just have to be yourself" then stop using fragrances, pheromones and this forum all together, because this is the biggest contradictory on this website.

Even though there is core of truth in your rant Alphonse, he asked a simple question about choosing the right fragrance. He was not asking about how to approach a girl or how to talk to girls.

(07-20-2017 5:23 PM)DrChocolate Wrote:  +1 Alphonse. I agree.

And am getting compliments for it left right and centre.

This is very contradictory. You first agree with Alphonse that the OP should not care, but indirectly you show you actually care yourself, by mentioning that you get compliments. If you totally agree with Alphonse, you would not have mentioned the compliments, because you do not care. Right?

As a fragrance enthusiast myself, I do agree that you have to like the fragrance yourself. This way you will feel more confident. Getting compliments is important when wearing a fragrance, as it will make you feel special, stand out, it (re)affirms your personal taste and boosts you confidence. It feels good to get compliments and it feels good to be "unique". It is somewhat important what other people think, but do not buy a fragrance based on youtube videos, which you dislike yourself. I have done this multiple times and wearing a fragrance that you dislike yourself, is the worst thing you can do. It will make you very self conscious, which can be a horrible thing.

So my advice: You have to base the pre-selection of your future fragrances on something, so do the research on youtube, fragrantica and basenotes. Write down the fragrances that get your attention and go to a perfume store. Take your list, ask for samples, test them all out for a few days and see which one you like most. This will only cost some time. You will end up with the fragrance(s) that are perfect for you and it will save you a lot of money.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2018 4:11 AM by Tyriel.)
05-15-2018 4:01 AM

Share This Thread