Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Back to ACTING....
dsouza

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Back to ACTING....
06-06-2021 12:09 AM

Some more questions on ACTING.

Are there any vitamins, herbs, legal drugs, nootropics etc that help not necessarily with getting better at memorizing lines but movements?

I think movements is not necessarily a learned process. When a child at 5 see's a friend move a certain way he/she can copy the movement in seconds. It doesn't take learning... It's merely INSTANT imitation.

Similarly, can an adult learn to imitate without learning? My SO is a very good actress. She can watch Depp in Pirates and imitate his walk in seconds. She can see someones facial expression and imitate it with no thought.

What I'm saying is learning usually involves thinking and I'm not talking about learning in the traditonal sense. Like when I learn a new song.. I study... I practice.. Then I get good.

I a referring to copying facial expressions, copying movements. Just like people who have a photogenic memory. They didn't practice to get it.. They just had it.

No amount of practice can help you memorize 20,000 lines.. It's a talent.

But what I'm asking is TALENT really a word for SECRETS that have not been exposed to the public? Are these actors on something? What makes it so easy for some people to act? Do you have to start as a kid?

When I wear AV my brain wakes up.. Same as AM NOS 2019. I feel I can seduce.. As if I'm on something.. Yet AV and AM are just mones.

They help steer the brain to seductive thinking. Is there any mones, drug, supplement, nootropic etc that can steer the brain towards imitation of facial expressions and movements as well?

The top 10 guitarists in the world all had something in common: they were all alcoholics or drug addicts. Coincidence? I think not.

What about the best actors in the world? Is it drugs? I think the drugs for music and acting are different, no?

YOUTUBE:

BANDCAMP:

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021 12:15 AM by dsouza.)
06-06-2021 12:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blacky Chan

Rep Post

RE: Back to ACTING....
06-06-2021 9:05 AM

Some level of natural talent, but mostly practice practice practice.
06-06-2021 9:05 AM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

06-06-2021 5:32 PM

I second the practice practice practice. Get a mirror to work in front of. It helps to see yourself. Or film your practice sessions for review later.
06-06-2021 5:32 PM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

06-07-2021 7:52 AM

You'll need to take all of this with an extra-large grain of salt...an entire salt-lick, if you will. This is because at my last acting audition I didn't even get to talk to the producers/ casting people or say my lines...they instantly rejected me based upon what I looked like.

What makes a great actor is, I believe, three things. Of the least import is practice and experience (counted as one thing). Of prime import is the duality of confidence and not being self-conscious. Confidence is easy to understand, but an actor, very much akin to having a stage presence, pretends to be an entirely different person. What trips most people up is that they over-analyze whether or not they are 'acting' convincingly. They worry about coming off as a fool, or play to the cameras rather than just play.

While the pantomiming of facial expressions, gaits, and body language helps; it is the ability to forget about how others may judge you that allows for truly great performances.

Yes, there is latent and inborn talent, but one can also condition themselves to free their minds and let things happen. Talent is not, as far as I know, a buzzword for hidden drug habits; although most people that live in any sort of an entertainment or fame-oriented lifestyle tend to be around that all of the time so it can and does become their normal.

This is quite common in the upper echelons of the various related industries because one spends most of their waking moments pretending to be somebody else. You play a role for the public, another for interviewers, another on stage or in front of the camera. As time goes on one spends so much time in a personality construct that they lose sight of exactly who they truly are. This can lead to some major dependencies as just that little bit of escape is so desirable.

But back to point, what separates the greats from the amateurs is their ability to let everything else go and to surrender themselves to that moment without any consideration of how others may perceive them.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
06-07-2021 7:52 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why pheromones and professional acting will never co-exist. dsouza 12 2,392 11-08-2020 9:01 AM
Last Post: RussianWolf
  Help on acting auditions? bluesuedeshoes 7 3,253 04-22-2013 2:22 PM
Last Post: xtraspecial