Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Audio Books
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Audio Books
09-19-2009 4:50 AM

I have my Itouch Ipod thingy and I just love to download audio books. I think I am addicted to them. I love to read but its so hard to find time these days with all the other things I am interested in. With the audio books I can read and hike....work.......clean the house.... whatever and its just great.

Unfortunately the library here has a very poor selection of audio books.

Anyone else listen to these and it you do where do you get yours other then Itunes ??

Tisha
09-19-2009 4:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

RE: Audio Books
09-20-2009 8:36 PM

I LOVE Audio books I prefer to hear someone read than read myself...

But you're right they are so hard to find (especially the good ones). I used to listen to them when I was in high school but now I can't find any audiobooks that I like *sigh*

If anybody knows a place, let me know as well please!
09-20-2009 8:36 PM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

10-21-2009 4:58 AM

You like fantasy? George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire is available in audiobook form on Amazon.

How about radio theater? The BBC has some available via Amazon, I believe. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is highly recommended. The (click the name) has some great productions as well. The Anne Manx series is awesome. I also like "Flight of the Bumblebee".

Like Old Time Radio? Check out this page for a whole ton of old time radio shows. I'm partial to the old gumshoe detective shows, like Phillip Marlowe, Sam Spade, and Richard Diamond. All can be found there by searching the names. Best of all, stuff off the Internet Archives is free to download.
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2009 4:59 AM by Data4.)
10-21-2009 4:58 AM
Gone with the Wind
Pheromone Wraith

Rep Post

10-21-2009 9:23 PM

I like to get lectures. I bought a bunch of audio courses for around $1K from a guy on e-bay. The teaching company sells them, as do other vendors. Also, I download several podcasts. There are some interesting ones.

Gone with the Wind

<p align="center">Gate, gate, paragate, parasamgate. Bodhi svaha!</p>
10-21-2009 9:23 PM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

10-22-2009 12:50 PM

I think I'm going to wait and get a , rather than going audio. I love to read!

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
10-22-2009 12:50 PM

Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-24-2009 2:23 PM

(10-22-2009 12:50 PM)Mtnjim Wrote:  I think I'm going to wait and get a , rather than going audio. I love to read!

Yeah, I want one of those, too! I've got a ton of e-books, but I'd rather kick back in a recliner or lay down to read. It'd come in handy on flights, too, since you can have a whole library of books to bring along without taking up cabin real estate.
10-24-2009 2:23 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

10-25-2009 4:58 AM

I love to read to but I dont have all the time I used to. To many subjects that interest me LOL . I use my audio books at work while I am on the road. It gets kinda boring going from box to box all day. I love the kindle and I really want one of those. The nook looks cool but since its coming out in November I will probably stick with the kindle and let them work the bugs out of the new one.

Schools are already picking up on the kindle her in CT which I think is good. The kids who have them can have certain text books downloaded into them so they dont have to carry two ton backpacks around all over.

I have to admit there is nothing like curling up with a good book. I am kinda weird I love fiction but lean way more towards nonfiction. I love science though and my son laughs at me because I get excited at the beginning of the school year when he brings home his text book. He doesnt like school and wonders how I can think learning is fun. I didnt like school at 15 either. I told him its changes once your free to learn as opposed to being forced to learn.

Quote:I like to get lectures. I bought a bunch of audio courses for around $1K from a guy on e-bay. The teaching company sells them, as do other vendors. Also, I download several podcasts. There are some interesting ones.

I love some of the audio courses and I have a ton of podcasts to I think they are great when they are well done. I am thinking of signing up to audio.com but havn't decided yet.

My husband complained we are going to have to put a addition on the house just for my books, pheromones and bath diva supplies . So the kindle and audio books will be a welcome additions to our house LOL
10-25-2009 4:58 AM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-25-2009 12:35 PM

(10-25-2009 4:58 AM)Tisha Wrote:  I told him its changes once your free to learn as opposed to being forced to learn.

This is very true! My dad wanted me to play music since I was young, but I never found any interest in it. Then one day, he admitted to me, somewhat sadly, that he wished I would play music, but he knows he can't force me and if I don't feel like playing, he won't mention it again. Within a year I decided to learn how to play guitar, and now I'm playing the drums again, jamming with friends.

I can absorb an enormous amount of information in one sitting if I'm interested, but sometimes I have to struggle to retain the information from my textbooks.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
10-25-2009 12:35 PM
ladyofthewoods
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

11-04-2009 8:03 PM

(10-21-2009 9:23 PM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  I like to get lectures. I bought a bunch of audio courses for around $1K from a guy on e-bay. The teaching company sells them, as do other vendors. Also, I download several podcasts. There are some interesting ones.

I LOVE the Teaching Company. I have 4 of their courses & always want to buy more![Image: 24.gif]

"Strange women lying about in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government" - The Pythons
11-04-2009 8:03 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cold reading/indirect openers books? jb20 0 1,184 10-15-2019 3:47 AM
Last Post: jb20