Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Attention!
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please
Rep Post

Thanks Given: 14
Thanks received:
27 thanks in 22 posts

Attention!
10-19-2010 1:42 PM

ATTENTION is meant to help get things done, to increase focus and "attention" on the task(s) at hand.

I purchased this once previously, quite awhile ago, with no dramatic results. Maybe a little increase in focus, but that's about it.

On the store site (or forum maybe), Diane mentioned that she had added some more "motivational" Pheromones to amp it up a bit. So I thought I'd give it another try, especially since initial motivation has always been the challenge for me in dealing with tedious tasks (ie, cleaning, paperwork, etc.).

I sprayed one spray to my neck/chest area, and then contemplated my pile of mail/bills that had accumulated to an almost dangerous level. If I didn't address it soon, it could become problematic.

I think that one of the things that was making it difficult for me to sit down and deal with my paperwork was the fact that there were boxes and piles of books and papers in the living room (one corner of which doubles as my desk/office space).

This (slightly overwhelming) mess of papers and books also made it slightly challenging to navigate the living room, and made it not very appealing to hang out in. It wasn't as bad as those tv shows about cluttered homes/rooms, but it was bad enough to make me feel embarrassed for "other people" to see it.

One reason for this mess is that I desperately need some bookshelves, and I also needed more file cabinets (which I had just recently finally gotten, just have to sit down and file every paper, one by one by one, ugh).

I got the pile of (current) envelopes/papers, and began to go through them. However, I was having trouble focusing because of the boxes and piles of papers and books in the background of my vision. This is when the ATTENTION really kicked in. Suddenly, I was like, okay that's it, I need to deal with this RIGHT NOW!

I put aside the papers I was trying to deal with, and instead began to come up with a plan to "reclaim" my living room, and make it once again a comfortable attractive space. I have a spare room with two beds in it, and it is also currently a "holding area" for sheets, videos, random stuff. I piled the books on one of the beds, and neatly stacked the boxes/piles of papers by my desk area. I made a box of kid's books for donation and put it out on the porch. Finally, I could think!

Going back to my current papers, I went through them, made pertinent phone calls, etc., til I had done all I could. Instead of stopping there, however, I decided to make the living room truly better. At this point, it was "okay", but now I wanted more.

I ended up moving the entire big couch, totally cleaning, vacuuming underneath (talk about dust bunnies!). I brought the single bed out from the spare room, put the coffee table in there (too big), and rearranged the living room to make it truly comfortable. Having a shortage of couch pillows, I dug out some spare bed pillows and some "pillow shams" that had come with sheet sets but never used.

Okay, so now I have my living room back and the spare room is chaos, lol. That will just have to wait until another day.

ATTENTION definitely made the difference!
10-19-2010 1:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by zeph, thegentleman

thegentleman
Checking out the place

Sex:
Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks received:
2 thanks in 2 posts

RE: Attention!
03-16-2011 4:13 PM

Thanks for the report SillyKitty, I'm definitely gonna look into this during upcoming purchases.

Hmmm.... I guess its only for women?
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 4:14 PM by thegentleman.)
03-16-2011 4:13 PM
Q-Tips
Contributes Regularly

Sex:
Rep Post

Thanks Given: 243
Thanks received:
248 thanks in 99 posts

03-16-2011 6:50 PM

(03-16-2011 4:13 PM)thegentleman Wrote:  Thanks for the report SillyKitty, I'm definitely gonna look into this during upcoming purchases.

Hmmm.... I guess its only for women?

I sent a question about this to Diane, and was told its an unisex product. But of course, as a male you should get the unscented.
I bought it, because i take my own accountance at the store i am running. But i never been good at doing the paperworks. Its hard to stay focused. Many times, i need 4-6 hours to get 2 hours work done.
I have only used it once and from that short experience it worked rather well, not only as self-effect but against my co-worker. It was not in a dramatical way, so its a little bit hard to tell after only one time use.
03-16-2011 6:50 PM
Thanks given by thegentleman
thegentleman
Checking out the place

Sex:
Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks received:
2 thanks in 2 posts

03-16-2011 9:14 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into it.
I wanna give FTL and TJ a good run before I buy something else. If anything I'll probably be getting pursuit next, then Attention.
03-16-2011 9:14 PM

Share This Thread