Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Apex Order Buttons Not showing for you?
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Apex Order Buttons Not showing for you?
08-23-2018 9:32 AM

Most know that Apex is in the middle of updating their website to a more modern, cell phone and tablet friendly, website.

Some people, especially those on older systems, might not be able to see the order buttons and cover scent drop downs; which means that they cannot order.

I am a web designer and know a bit about how these things all work so hopefully this will help.

If you're using an Apple computer, you might need to switch to either an updated Firefox or Google chrome browser as older Safari version on down won't render the page properly.

If you are using an older Windows system, the Chrome Browser seems to render it properly, but IE freaks out, and Firefox (tested with version 52.9) won't render the script that shows the order buttons and drop downs.

I don't use a cell phone (I know, a computer programmer and web designer that doesn't use a cell phone sounds crazy) so I cannot tell you how it redners on any particular version of android or iOS, but I would assume that Android, being java based, would function fine. I do request that cell phone browsing folks chime in with how it renders to help everyone out.

If you're not seeing where to order on your 'puter, then try a different browser (Chrome seems to be better for older systems whose operating systems are no longer supported), or update / allow your Java and flash.

I hope that helps anyone else that has been having difficulty.

I have shot off an Email to Apex to alert them of the issue. It has gone unanswered, but then again it didn't really require an answer.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
08-23-2018 9:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vinzanity
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: Apex Order Buttons Not showing for you?
08-23-2018 10:59 AM

I somehow don't believe you don't use a cell phone.
08-23-2018 10:59 AM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

08-23-2018 12:45 PM

(08-23-2018 10:59 AM)Vinzanity Wrote:  I somehow don't believe you don't use a cell phone.

Nobody ever does until they know me. I spend more than 12 hours each day plugged into a computer, working online, staring at the screen. Not only do I not feel any need to stare at a little sliver of glass all night rather than to interact with real people, but the way employees in general are, I have ZERO desire for them to have any means of bothering me 24 hours a day 7 days per week.

That and my belief that portable captivating entertainment technology, in the guise of a tool or phone signaled the death-knell of human to human decency, respect, and cognitive ability.

I know, I know, most of you youngsters cannot even imagine a world without being wired into social media, texting friends, and having instant information at your fingertips; but we old fuckers that recall the blissful, meaningful times before satellite phones ever existed can easily mark the onset of cell phone technology as the beginning of the end. I know I'm probably the only person in all of western civilization that doesn't use one, but I don't.

I have one in each of my cars that I keep charged in case of emergency, but have never used a single one of them. if I want to text my wife I do it through Email as I'm on the computer all day anyway. If I want to know something, I learn it.

Besides, when I did consider getting a cell phone I was informed that 867-5309 was already taken!

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2018 12:45 PM by Gladen.)
08-23-2018 12:45 PM
TheBoogieMan
unda yo bed

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

08-23-2018 2:02 PM

I personally used a basic cellphone for years and only upgraded to a smartphone about 6 months ago, mostly because I travel a lot and wanted a decent camera function. But I try to keep it turned off and away from me most of the day.

To add to the drawbacks Gladen already mentioned, smartphones (and cell phones in general) are terrible for your privacy and we still don't know the possible long-term health effects of carrying around a device that's pumping various waves into our balls all day. How long were we told fat is bad for you and carbohydrates are the most important food group?

To get back to the original topic, Apex's site seems to work fine for me in the Opera browser -- but not in Firefox.
08-23-2018 2:02 PM

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

08-25-2018 8:07 AM

Got an Email from Apex yesterday.
They are aware of that problem , as well as some others, and are working on them as time allows.

08-25-2018 8:07 AM
MisterY
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

02-05-2019 1:40 AM

I was able to use and order from the Apex website recently. But when I went to it today, it seems that the ability to order is unavailable. I've tried refreshing the page and viewing it on Firefox and Chrome. But I still get the same problem. Is the Apex site down for anyone else right now?
02-05-2019 1:40 AM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

02-05-2019 9:18 AM

They fine for me with Pale Moon and Google, but not FF.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...#pid231407
02-05-2019 9:18 AM
MisterY
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

02-05-2019 2:20 PM

(02-05-2019 9:18 AM)Pheroman Wrote:  They fine for me with Pale Moon and Google, but not FF.

Just found out it's one of my extensions on my browser that is causing the problem. When I disable the extension, the drop down menus for ordering work fine.
02-05-2019 2:20 PM

Snuffles
Checking out the place

Rep Post

04-25-2019 6:11 PM

I have a quick question.

I am able to see the order buttons, or rather the "add to cart" buttons, which prompt a second tab to open up with a paypal payment option.
What Im unsure of is that there is nowhere to fill out your name, contact info, shipping info, anything like that. Does apex ship via information on your paypal account, or are we prompted to fill out our address/shipping information after we've paid (I havent seen any sort of online vendor ever use that order of operations)?

I know thundr is a respected vendor and member here, and I would simply test it out myself by making a purchase, but I'd rather not chance my money getting lost if there are currently issues with his website, especially considering that I've had no luck at all contacting him.

Thanks in advance!
04-25-2019 6:11 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Apex Order Delivery Time Gladen 87 9,028 09-15-2020 11:05 PM
Last Post: crashbandicoot
  New Apex site: where to order? Gladen 5 1,116 08-13-2018 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gladen