Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Anyone fly a lot??
cjw255
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Anyone fly a lot??
12-04-2012 1:19 AM

Oh man it was reaaallll easy. Zero issues!
12-04-2012 1:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SteveO
Vendor

01-02-2013 8:53 PM

I know I'm late to the game, but usually when I fly I fly in the families personal plane. No issues there, but commercially can be a pain in the ass.

Here's what I do. I bag it just like is prescribed for. I put it in my toiletries bag and when they ask if I have liquid I pull out my shampoo, mouth wash and what not and one bottle of mones. I have been asked more times than not what's in the mone bottle and I tell them I design fragrances but I'm not very good and would they like a smell. They laugh and let me through.

I can see how the above could get you shot these days, but its really about how you come across. Don't sweat it and typically they won't either.

Glad you didn't have any issues.

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
XS enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
01-02-2013 8:53 PM
fluffygirl12
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-02-2013 10:23 PM

I just make sure the bottles are small enough to comply with regulations , and put them in my suitcase with my other toiletries .

Cheers Smile
01-02-2013 10:23 PM
cjw255
Serious Poster

Rep Post

01-03-2013 1:03 AM

I had like 4 or 5 of steves bottles in a sandwich ziplock and the only person who asked me what it was was my brother. Hes caught me years ago and basically laughed at me and told me my money was getting stolen.

When you go through security you basically take out any liquids, your shoes, belt, any jewelry, pack of gum(i think thats set it off before) and I walked through securityand put everything back in my pockets. It was harder washing and reapplying in a bathroom with so many people coming through. Basically wash my hands and wrists...didn't put any on my neck or chin before I left for airport. Then reapplied in a stall.
01-03-2013 1:03 AM
latorrin82
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

02-02-2013 7:31 PM

I work for an airline in boston and fly for free, and to be honest you are giving tsa too much credit lol. At this point I take a backpack carryon and dont worry about the plastic bag crap, and toss my mones in the bag with my toothpaste, cologne, etc. Result, right through the xray, and nothing. They are Morons. I wouldn't sweat it too much.
02-02-2013 7:31 PM

cjw255
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-04-2013 7:22 PM

(02-02-2013 7:31 PM)latorrin82 Wrote:  I work for an airline in boston and fly for free, and to be honest you are giving tsa too much credit lol. At this point I take a backpack carryon and dont worry about the plastic bag crap, and toss my mones in the bag with my toothpaste, cologne, etc. Result, right through the xray, and nothing. They are Morons. I wouldn't sweat it too much.
I don't doubt theres plenty of idiots doing the job...somehow theres enough for each job everywhere heh but I'd tend to think they might know you're an airline employee and might not check you as often
and I dunno why the rating on the thread was so low....I thought I brought up some legitimate concerns. Especially if you're a heavy mone user but DON'T fly a lot you don't want to caught with them or bring too many or find out after you could of brought more.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 7:24 PM by cjw255.)
02-04-2013 7:22 PM
latorrin82
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

02-06-2013 7:44 PM

Nah I'm in street clothes, and the xray doesn't discriminate. I am 14-0 against the xray machine lol.
02-06-2013 7:44 PM

Share This Thread