Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anybody Up For A Challange?
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1000
Thanks received:
2697 thanks in 1236 posts

Anybody Up For A Challange?
12-05-2012 2:59 AM

A little earlier I posted a thread on Kharma, and thought it could be fun to throw out a little challange.

Soo, whether your a believer or not, let me challange you to contribute a little somthing or make some sort of nice gesture toward another, then if and when it comes back to you, come back and post about it.

It can be something as little as letting a handicapped person ahead of you in line, or as great as you want to go, just so long as its selfless and done without expecting anything in return.

I can almost promise you that it will come back to you, and probably at least 3 fold, I'm just interested in how quickly it does and you get that "Holy Crap" feeling! Big Grin

And even if you're a complete disbeliver, I promise that it ain't going to make you feel bad doing something nice for somebody or helping out somebody in need.

But, like I said I do believe in Kharma and have seen it come true to many times to think that anyone's nice gesture isn't going to come back to them.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were is the impressions we left on those we leave behind.

Live life as you want to be remembered when you're gone!
12-05-2012 2:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

alex052478
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 23 posts

RE: Anybody Up For A Challange?
01-17-2013 6:01 AM

(12-05-2012 2:59 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  A little earlier I posted a thread on Kharma, and thought it could be fun to throw out a little challange.

Soo, whether your a believer or not, let me challange you to contribute a little somthing or make some sort of nice gesture toward another, then if and when it comes back to you, come back and post about it.

It can be something as little as letting a handicapped person ahead of you in line, or as great as you want to go, just so long as its selfless and done without expecting anything in return.

I can almost promise you that it will come back to you, and probably at least 3 fold, I'm just interested in how quickly it does and you get that "Holy Crap" feeling! Big Grin

And even if you're a complete disbeliver, I promise that it ain't going to make you feel bad doing something nice for somebody or helping out somebody in need.

But, like I said I do believe in Kharma and have seen it come true to many times to think that anyone's nice gesture isn't going to come back to them.

What do you think of a disabled person holding the door open for someone? Myself being disabled have done it every outing. But paying it forward is always good. I like to be the modern Renaissance man holding common courtesy and donating time and help!
01-17-2013 6:01 AM
Thanks given by mark-in-dallas
mallorylamanna
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
7 thanks in 3 posts

01-17-2013 8:34 AM

Even though I wanted to believe Karma and have been donating to charities and doing good things for others, often without them knowing, I still can't find evidence of it.

About 10 days ago an elderly lady lost her walker frame, and I ran to stop it from running to the road. I think it was two days later I went out for a walk after dinner. I was only about 6 meters from my own driveway when someone threw a beer bottle at me from a passing car and narrowly missed me.

To be fair, I get assaulted one way or another about 1/3 of the time every time I go out. Out of the door that is, often just to the nearby supermarket. Usually it's just verbal thing, like 'Go home' that sort of minor stuff. Every now and then some thing more dramatic happens.

It's part of life in New Zealand. For an Asian that is. Despite this is home for me.

Karma?
01-17-2013 8:34 AM
alex052478
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 23 posts

01-17-2013 8:37 AM

(01-17-2013 8:34 AM)mallorylamanna Wrote:  Even though I wanted to believe Karma and have been donating to charities and doing good things for others, often without them knowing, I still can't find evidence of it.

About 10 days ago an elderly lady lost her walker frame, and I ran to stop it from running to the road. I think it was two days later I went out for a walk after dinner. I was only about 6 meters from my own driveway when someone threw a beer bottle at me from a passing car and narrowly missed me.

To be fair, I get assaulted one way or another about 1/3 of the time every time I go out. Out of the door that is, often just to the nearby supermarket. Usually it's just verbal thing, like 'Go home' that sort of minor stuff. Every now and then some thing more dramatic happens.

It's part of life in New Zealand. For an Asian that is. Despite this is home for me.

Karma?

Wow that's just unfair. Well keep treading it'll work in subtle ways.
01-17-2013 8:37 AM
Arrow
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 65
Thanks received:
170 thanks in 104 posts

01-17-2013 11:27 AM

I am not a believer in karma. But I am a firm believer in reaping and sowing. You reap what you sow.

Although karma and reaping/sowing may sound like the same thing, they are very different.
01-17-2013 11:27 AM

Share This Thread