Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Any meditators here?
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
142 thanks in 72 posts

Any meditators here?
05-26-2013 3:03 PM

Does anyone have any tips on how to increase meditation time?
The best I can get is 5 minutes, I get too bored or uncomfortable, then it turns into a endurance race which creates more stress.

I once managed 10 minutes, I then got a very zen one the ball of awareness feeling, felt very instinctive to the world around me.
05-26-2013 3:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Goodlife
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 326
Thanks received:
138 thanks in 46 posts

RE: Any meditators here?
05-26-2013 5:33 PM

haha yeah i dont meditate but i can see how it can get borrowing after a bit. I do pray sometimes and i can get bored and unfocused and it can feel like a one sided conversation to me, with me doing all the blabbing. Apparently beta androstenol helps you acheive deep meditation quicker. i dont know but maybe if you're sensitive to it dont have any caffeine or sugar before meditating, so your mind isn't racing and you dont get all ADD. Also I think i read that you're supposed to focus on a word and repeat it until you get into state...maybe a word like "peace"
05-26-2013 5:33 PM
Thanks given by sunny10
Emil
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 161
Thanks received:
115 thanks in 42 posts

05-26-2013 7:01 PM

Sure, I try to get in 5 minutes of meditation a day. Some days I try to go for longer periods, but it does require time and concentration. It's definitely a skill that you can improve upon. I think the best way to increase the time is to just do more of it.

Also, if you're not already doing it, try to block out all thoughts and feelings, good or bad. I focus on my breathing and nothing else. If another thought comes into my head I gently drop it and focus on my breathing again.

I used to have anxiety, and through meditation I became more aware of what thoughts triggered it and I taught myself to relax during those times. It doesn't have to be anxiety. It can be any habits or feelings that you're trying to look at objectively. To me it feels like I'm looking at myself from a top-down-view. I'm not sure why, but remember it being a bit scary at first. Now I just enjoy it.
05-26-2013 7:01 PM
Thanks given by sunny10
dp310
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 57
Thanks received:
138 thanks in 60 posts

05-27-2013 1:40 AM

Hi,

I'm a Buddhist, and having been meditating for ten years.

My recommendation would be to start with meditation on a single point.

It easier to start with gross physical sensations at the start. For instance, the rising and falling of your stomach, as you breath. Put all of your focus on the physical sensation of your abdomen, rising, and falling. When it rises, mentally note - rising, when it falls, mentally note - falling. When your mind wanders, make a note of it, then return.

Once you have achieved some stability, then you can move onto focusing on your breath, then focusing on a visual object, then focusing on a mental object.

For meditation time, consistency of practice is key. It is much more important to meditate every day, than to meditate for a certain length of time.

Ideally, stop meditating while you still feel eager to meditate. That way, it will be easy to return to the mat. If you push the sessions too long, you will build anxiety, and become sick of meditation, and it will be hard to keep up a daily practice.

Hope that helps.
05-27-2013 1:40 AM
Thanks given by sunny10, TheBoogieMan, stefdude, Khan Solo, kimosabe
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 435
Thanks received:
154 thanks in 126 posts

07-13-2014 3:57 PM

(05-26-2013 3:03 PM)sunny10 Wrote:  Does anyone have any tips on how to increase meditation time?
The best I can get is 5 minutes, I get too bored or uncomfortable, then it turns into a endurance race which creates more stress.

I once managed 10 minutes, I then got a very zen one the ball of awareness feeling, felt very instinctive to the world around me.

Mantra based meditation can be good for maintaining focus for a longer period of time.

Intense.
07-13-2014 3:57 PM
Thanks given by lovevibe

Aesiri
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
6 thanks in 5 posts

08-11-2014 12:35 PM

Yup, do 20 minutes a day, best thing that ever happened to me. Pheromones might be a close second.
08-11-2014 12:35 PM
Thanks given by BigDickBandit420, lovevibe
Vincent_Vega
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks received:
66 thanks in 47 posts

08-22-2014 11:05 AM

Started meditating about 3y ago. At the beginning, I concentrated on my breath to keep my thoughts away.
My technique was to imagine my breath as a colored (e.g. blue) stream flowing through my mouth and chest deep into my stomach. Same thing breathing out. When the stream left my mouth, I imagined the blue air to still be there in front of me and get inhaled by me again.
At the beginning, this method really helped me to constantly focus on my breath.
08-22-2014 11:05 AM
belowmyelbow
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
1 thanks in 1 posts

02-20-2015 11:11 AM

Great ideas. I'll have to try a bunch of these. Thanks!
02-20-2015 11:11 AM
cali4ya858
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 293
Thanks received:
148 thanks in 97 posts

09-16-2015 11:09 PM

I want to share this cool stuff I found with the community.

Since I'm too lazy to post everything, I copied and pasted the details from the website:

[Image: 2lik95v.png]
[Image: 15dt99z.png]
[Image: 117ttzb.png]
[Image: r9fzq1.png]
[Image: 2v7vw9l.png]

[Image: 14mdxf5.png]

It motivates you to change your brain

Studies show that the focused-attention and mindfulness exercises upon which Muse is based can cause the brain to change itself, making it more resistant to distractions. Muse makes this process more motivating, fun and efficient.

It improves how you respond to stress

In the short-term, this training has been shown to trigger the natural relaxation response – a state of deep rest that changes the physiological and emotional responses to stress. Your metabolism decreases and your heartbeat slows. The muscles relax, breathing becomes slower, and blood pressure decreases.

It gives you a lasting feeling of self-control

Stress is thought of as a perceived lack of control or unpredictability, associated with impaired cognitive performance, higher blood pressure, lowered immunity, and many more negative effects. Muse strengthens the ability to regain the feeling of self-control, which counteracts stress (how does it work?).

The skills you learned through training with Calm are transferable to other life situations. The internal capability of increased focus, better attention control, and better self-regulation are skills that will carry you through life.

It can improve your emotional state

We often think of distraction as something external, like the sound of a nearby conversation. However, Muse’s feedback algorithms are tailored to respond to both external and internal distractions (what does it measure?).

When you learn how to manage and respond to emotionally charged thoughts, it improves not only your focus, it also improves your self-awareness – the key facet of emotional intelligence. This can lead to decreased emotional reactivity, and increased positive emotion.

Extended use can have amazing and lasting results

A study showed that 20 minutes of focused attention training for 3 days in a row has been shown to reduce anxiety, improve mood, and reduce heart rate. Research on longer sessions has documented other benefits, like increased grey matter density, reduced thinning of the prefrontal cortex, decreasing amygdala activity (associated with stress response), and increased resilience – basically, an overall beneficial change of the brain’s structure and function.

It is designed to help you form the habit

Research has shown using an app and starting with 3-5 minutes can dramatically help you with mental exercises like meditation. Muse starts you with 3 minute sessions and rewards you for your achievements, making sure it’s easy and motivating to train with Muse
09-16-2015 11:09 PM
Thanks given by Macro, SuperJoy

Macro
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 351
Thanks received:
147 thanks in 85 posts

09-17-2015 9:41 AM

This sounds fucking awesome. Will need to find out more before I purchase as something like this is perfect for a snake oil salesman.

Resolve and thou art free

Arsenal:
LAL - Wolf, Aqua Vitae, Nude Alpha, Dirty Primitive
PXS - Cohesion, Taboo, Xist, Loveboat, Bliss, Evolve, SOB, Ascend, PSE, Barely Legal, XSP83
Apex - Core, Titan, M3X
Androtics - A314, Turn Up The Heat

Wish List:
Bad Wolf, ImpaXS, Alpha Treasures, P96
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 9:41 AM by Macro.)
09-17-2015 9:41 AM

Share This Thread