Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Another Senseless School Shooting
Macro
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Another Senseless School Shooting
05-30-2018 1:17 AM

I spoke incorrectly saying illegal guns, the fact that I can correct myself after making an error is a testament to my honesty and integrity not deceit. If you'd like to square this up as a point for your side, feel free, enjoy, but says much more about your character than mine.
Your bump stock response was utterly irrelavant, my point wasnt about the efficacy or need for banning bump stocks but that like mandatory background checks the policy, rightly or wrongly, are agreed upon by most people. This was clear as day from my post.
TheLaw, I've made my argument very clearly. Homicide rates and gun availability across countries with different gun laws.

Stefdude, fuck sake, read my posts properly. I'm not saying culture and demographics don't make a difference, they obviously and clearly do. It's why I compared the US to *similarly* wealthy and cultured countries. But can those cultural differences account for 5x, not in my view.

Nuance gents.

Will respond to only new+relevant points being made. Just repeating myself now.
05-30-2018 1:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stefdude

Rep Post

05-30-2018 4:13 AM

(05-30-2018 1:17 AM)Macro Wrote:  Stefdude, fuck sake, read my posts properly. I'm not saying culture and demographics don't make a difference, they obviously and clearly do. It's why I compared the US to *similarly* wealthy and cultured countries. But can those cultural differences account for 5x, not in my view.

Nuance gents.

I think your points were irrelevant, not mine.You said similarly developed countries, I talked about demographics and wealth distribution.Do those countries have poor gheto neighbourhoods like US does?Similar demographics?

So could say that, say, a doubling of the homocides are due to legal guns?So, people kill twice as much because it's easier for them to get a gun?
What part of that 5x do you think is because of that?Because, focusing on the (much) less important factor is a wrong priority and wrong priorities indicate faulty judgement.
Actually, if you consider how many deaths are prevented due to legal guns you could say that they decrease homocides, so it's a negative factor.There are FBI stats about that.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
05-30-2018 4:13 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

05-30-2018 6:51 AM

(05-29-2018 5:27 PM)Macro Wrote:  @mark-in-dallas, a point of process here. I'm not a sensitive guy, but I've been "warned" for calling voodoo nonsense. If saying "asshole arab" (or say asshole black, or asshole jew) is cool, I'd just like to know, just some clarity on the rules here - not a complaint.

That was years ago, and if memory serves me someone was citing voodoo as a recognized religion, which it is, and you said something to the effect of it being nonsense because you don't believe in it. I'm pretty sure there was more to it than just that too, but don't recall the entire exchange. I don't happen to believe in Voodoo either, but who am I to tell someone who does that their religion is nonsense?

If an Arab, Black person or a Jew tries to rape someone you are free to call them an asshole Arab, Black or Jew. But, if you say that all Arabs, Blacks or Jews are assholes, or that they are an asshole because they are of a specific race, religion or color, then yeah that's a problem.

(05-29-2018 5:27 PM)Macro Wrote:  What most people argue for is more gun control. 95% of Americans want mandatory background checks

We have had mandatory background checks on gun purchases in the U.S. since the Brady Act was passed in 1993.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with a guaranteed 100% fatality rate
05-30-2018 6:51 AM
theLaw

Rep Post

05-30-2018 8:38 AM

(05-30-2018 1:17 AM)Macro Wrote:  I spoke incorrectly saying illegal guns, the fact that I can correct myself after making an error is a testament to my honesty and integrity not deceit. If you'd like to square this up as a point for your side, feel free, enjoy, but says much more about your character than mine.
Your bump stock response was utterly irrelavant, my point wasnt about the efficacy or need for banning bump stocks but that like mandatory background checks the policy, rightly or wrongly, are agreed upon by most people. This was clear as day from my post.
TheLaw, I've made my argument very clearly. Homicide rates and gun availability across countries with different gun laws.

So you've "corrected" yourself, but still haven't stated your argument? You can only feign ignorance or misspeak so many times before the scam becomes transparent.

1. I provided data from the Australian confiscation that counters your argument that you haven't responded to.

2. So your point was that people on both sides are misinformed, hence the agreement about bump-stocks? How does this support your gun-control argument exactly? Keep in mind that we are a Democratic Republic in the US........nuance gent!

3. "Homicide rates and gun availability across countries with different gun laws." Whoops, looks like you "misspoke" again without even stating a point. You literally posted that you've made your argument very clearly, then follow it with a fragment. Note: be sure to sing your own praises for correcting yourself, yet again.......you've earned it.Dodgy

I'll ask again, what exactly is your argument?

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2018 8:40 AM by theLaw.)
05-30-2018 8:38 AM

Saiyanprince
Serious Poster

Rep Post

05-30-2018 10:18 AM

Guns in the wrong hands are bad M'Kay.
Citizens without access to guns is bad M'kay

Government control of guns is bad M'kay

Psychos with guns is bad

These M'fuckn 19 inch guns that I'm flexing is bad for you brotha. Dont make me bust outta my shirt and put you in a world hurt, brotha. Lol. Trying some comedy to lighten the mood.
05-30-2018 10:18 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

05-30-2018 5:51 PM

This is how we do things in Texas! It took a tragedy to hit home, but in less than 2 weeks a whole slew of measures are being rolled out that should better protect our schools and children.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday announced a bi-partisan school safety plan for schools in the Lone Star State. The plan was crafted after Abbott held a three-day roundtable with victims, parents, educators, lawmakers, law enforcement and policy experts, to discuss how to strengthen safety in schools.

"This plan is a starting point, not an ending place,” Abbott said in a statement. “It provides strategies that can be used before the next school year begins to keep our students safe when they return to school. This plan will make our schools safer and our communities safer.”

Gov. Abbott's School and Firearm Safety Plan includes: Wrote:• Criminal Justice Division in the Office of the Governor will provide $70 million in grants and the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 will provide an additional $40 million in grants to help implement the plan. Abbott will also work with the Texas legislature to find an additional $30 million for this initiative.

• Immediately increasing law enforcement presence at schools by hiring retired law enforcement officers and military veterans for school security.

• Training more school marshals, increasing funding for school marshals and increasing the number of school marshals that can be appointed at each school.

• Removing the firearm storage requirement for school marshals who are in direct contact with students, revamping marshal training requirements to focus more time on firearms training and requiring marshals to undergo an annual refresher course.

• Providing active shooter and emergency response training by better preparing campus security to respond to active shooter. The Texas School Safety Center will partner with the I Love You Guys Foundation to provide training in the Standard Response Protocol and the Standard Reunification Method for school personnel.

• The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will work with school districts to prioritize $62.1 million in new federal funding toward immediate school safety improvements, including school hardening, increased law enforcement patrols, implementation of mental health programs, and other recommendations discussed in this plan.

• The School Safety and Security Committee should be required to discuss the expansion of patrol zones to include the school district with local law enforcement; hold meetings at least three times a year; periodically provide updates to the school board; and schools should be required to notify parents if a significant threat to students’ safety occurs.

• Providing mental health evaluations to identify students at risk of harming others and expand access to Texas Tech Health Sciences Center’s Telemedicine Wellness Intervention Triage & Referral (TWITR) Project.

• Increasing Mental Health First Aid training during summer 2018.

• The Texas School Safety Center will partner with SIGMA Threat Management to deliver training on Behavioral Threat Assessment to school personnel.

• Expanding Crime Stoppers operations and launch an awareness campaign for school employees and students to encourage the reporting of tips related to school crime.

• Increasing the use and awareness of DPS’ “iWatch Texas” reporting system to enable and encourage parents, students, and teachers to easily report potential harm or criminal activity directed at school students, school employees, and schools.

• Increasing the number of fusion centers in Texas to improve law enforcement’s ability to identify, process, and resolve potential threats that appear on social media.

• Including charter schools in the same school safety requirements and options as Independent School Districts.

• Creating a statewide case management system to provide magistrates immediate access to critical information and to speed the timely reporting of court records for federal background checks.

• Encouraging the Texas Senate and House leaders to issue an interim charge to consider the merits of adopting a red flag law allowing law enforcement, a family member, school employee, or a district attorney to file a petition seeking the removal of firearms from a potentially dangerous person only after legal due process is provided
• Mandating a 48-hour reporting period to close gaps in federally mandated background checks
• Strengthening The Safe Firearm Storage Law and promoting the use of gun locks.

• Making it mandatory for gun owners to report when their firearms are lost or stolen within 10 days.

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with a guaranteed 100% fatality rate
05-30-2018 5:51 PM

Share This Thread