Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ambroxan and Iso E Super - Escentrics Molecules
Gym
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
12 thanks in 7 posts

Ambroxan and Iso E Super - Escentrics Molecules
05-29-2014 8:14 AM

Hi all! I'm pretty new here (just posted my first intro thread over in the new user section with my About Me blurb, you can read it if you'd like).
I'm fairly new to pheromones, having come across the idea recently while searching for a new "signature scent" over at Basenotes and Fragrantica (haven't worn cologne in years).

I have a pondering that I would like to share and explore with you. Smile

Ambroxan (synthetic Ambergris) and Iso E Super are two 'molecules' commonly used today in colognes/perfumes (not always advertised). My understanding is both are reported to have pheromone-like qualities, and can help the longevity and projection of other scents, making these synthetics very popular in the perfume industry.
I have little hands-on experience yet with this (just ordered Molecule 01 & Molecule 02 by Escentrics recently, which supposedly isolate these two synthetics; waiting for arrival), but I'm anxious to try them out. I've sampled Terre d' Hermes which is supposedly 55% Iso E Super, but didn't get much reaction other than "that smells nice". To be fair, I used very little (trying to err on the side of subtle).

Anybody have any knowledge or experience they can share with these two products/synthetics? Used alone, together and/or with other pheromone products? How about layering?

These questions go out to both the men and women. ;)

Thanks!

-Gym
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 8:14 AM by Gym.)
05-29-2014 8:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by dorfmeister

thundr
Vendor

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 3495
Thanks received:
6879 thanks in 1202 posts

RE: Ambroxan and Iso E Super - Escentrics Molecules
05-29-2014 10:33 AM

I use iso e super in all my mixes. Nice little molecule. Search engine should come up with a few other guys who have played around with it too.

I have tested it quite a bit and ime it's very very subtle in phero effects. A bit tricky to spot iso e hits.

Its a bit social feeling with a muted effect similar to Alpha nol and Androsterone sulfate, albeit considerably weaker than either.
Imo it needs to be combined with other molecules for max efficiency and to tease out its buffering and enhancing qualities.
Little goes a long way and this molecule adds a nice high gloss finish on already good mixes.

Perfumersapprentice is a better source of iso e than overpriced escentrics. Just a tip bro.

Whale vomit.
I had planned on doing some phero based research on ambergris but it's illegal in the US to use in mixes and even one drop can be considered distribution. Too much red tape so I flushed the idea. We branched off from that and are testing a few plant sterols now.
05-29-2014 10:33 AM
Thanks given by Gym, Magpie, Pheroman, wiserd, Fly So Hi
Gym
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
12 thanks in 7 posts

05-29-2014 3:56 PM

Hi thundr. I think I've heard/read about you, Apex right? Thanks for your expert input!

I did read your thread about Ambergris. I understand the moratorium on Ambergris is being challenged, since it can be obtained without harm to whales. Do you have any experience with Ambroxan, the legal alternative? Have you experimented mixing or layering it with Iso e super?
05-29-2014 3:56 PM
Gym
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
12 thanks in 7 posts

05-29-2014 4:58 PM

A quick question about Ambergris, since we are talking about it and you seem pretty knowledgeable - I've read banter on other forums/reviews for Creed colognes that they 'supposedly' use real Ambergris in their products. Whale vomit collected from privately-owned beaches etc. Can you glean any truth to this?
05-29-2014 4:58 PM
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 410
Thanks received:
730 thanks in 345 posts

05-29-2014 6:41 PM

i've got a jug of iso-E super from perfumers apprentice. I haven't recognized the self effects yet.

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
AD-Glace, Certo, DHEAS, single mols
AD-a314,P74,5,6,8,9,P80,1,3,P93,5,6,7,P100,​1,2,3,4,9,12,23,25,IFM,
IG,IH,IJ,IO,IS,ISA,ISB,TUTH,TAA,C,F,H,K,​L,NONE,ANOL,AMMO,MX297,391-5UF
LS-LIQTRUST,NOL,NONE,RONE,A1,PERCEPTION,AE,​SOE
P7-ATJ,FTL,DG!,MAP,GG,PURSUIT,SB,TJ
TP-TLOVE,EST,MEO-EST,TJERK,TALPHA,A1,ATRIONE,COPS
HM-ETRIONE
HOMEBREW-D3,DHEA,PEA,ETRIONE,NENO,MEL
05-29-2014 6:41 PM
Thanks given by Magpie, BeautifulEnigma

Gym
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
12 thanks in 7 posts

05-30-2014 5:59 PM

(05-29-2014 6:41 PM)dexter Wrote:  i've got a jug of iso-E super from perfumers apprentice. I haven't recognized the self effects yet.

Is there supposed to be self effects? I read rumors using too much could cause headaches, but I'm not sure about that one.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2014 6:00 PM by Gym.)
05-30-2014 5:59 PM
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks received:
730 thanks in 345 posts

06-03-2014 11:18 AM

(05-30-2014 5:59 PM)Gym Wrote:  Is there supposed to be self effects? I read rumors using too much could cause headaches, but I'm not sure about that one.

I'm not sure, I got it because I read an old Tacitus post. Just posting on what I noticed (or didn't notice) with Iso E Super.

dexter
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." -Jesus, Matthew 10:34
HM-ETRIONE
06-03-2014 11:18 AM
Gym
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
12 thanks in 7 posts

06-07-2014 2:56 PM

I got my Molecule samples, and did a trial run with each one, layering both with a weak cologne (Kenneth Cole T-Shirt) to hopefully help notice the effects/difference. I as well as my wife and daughter were on hand to give feedback. Both molecules were applied as a base, with the layering scent on top. I did not apply either directly to my skin, but to the cuff if my shirt.

Molecule 01 (ISO E Super) + KC cologne: projection increase and slight alteration of scent. All who smelled it said they liked how it smelled (with the slight difference), but couldn't put their finger on how to describe the difference. All were very pleased.

Molecule 02 (Ambroxan) + KC cologne: projection decrease! No noticeable change in scent other than it seemed muted from those who smelled it. I had heard this could happen if the Ambroxan was applied second (trapping the scent), but that is not what I did. Perhaps I did not wait long enough for it to dry before applying the cologne. At any rate, not pleased.

These are just my first trials. I plan to try more combinations and application strategies. I will report back with new info as I get it. If you all have suggestions or feedback, that might help with my future trials ;)

-Gym
06-07-2014 2:56 PM
Thanks given by 20 Franc, Fly So Hi
dexter
SPICE UP THE LTR's

Rep Post

Thanks received:
730 thanks in 345 posts

06-10-2014 5:20 PM

ambroxan has a pretty noticable smell, i pulled some out that I got from perfumers apprentice and mixed it with ethanol a while ago. i applied it to my wrist and it was very distinct. I haven't mixed it with KC (is Kenneth Cole T-shirt the name of a cologne?) but it is very noticable alone, and drives me to keep wanting to smell it over and over again.

dexter
HM-ETRIONE
06-10-2014 5:20 PM

Gym
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
12 thanks in 7 posts

06-20-2014 10:51 AM

I tried Molecule 02 (ambroxan) by itself today and I agree it has a unique smell. To me it smells kinda like a beach bag that you brought to the beach with your towel and other stuff in it, at the end of the day. Of course I know it's supposed to smell like the ocean somewhat, so that idea could have been somewhat planted.
I am compelled to smell it over and over again, but I can't tell if it's because I like it or because I want to figure it out and can't lol
06-20-2014 10:51 AM
Thanks given by Fly So Hi

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just ordered bottles of Iso E Super, Ambroxan, and CK One dorfmeister 6 2,914 06-13-2015 1:45 PM
Last Post: Ekscentra