Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After all this time.. do pheromones work?
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1058
Thanks received:
1048 thanks in 528 posts

RE: After all this time.. do pheromones work?
06-22-2012 1:19 AM

(06-22-2012 12:46 AM)Q-Tips Wrote:  Jancoman, would you say all self effects from using mones are placebo? And if so, how big a chance is it that all the respond you see from other are placebo?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but they've done double blind studies with androstadienone.
Quote:…during the stimulation and recovery periods the whole-face
temperatures increased with the ovulatory women and decreased with the non-ovulatory
women (Fig. 2). Indeed, for androstadienone exposure as recovery period vs.
stimulation period, there was a significant continuous increase in the ovulatory women
(p <0.001; paired t-test) and a significant continuous decrease in the non-ovulatory
women (p <0.05; paired t-test), compared to placebo exposure, where no changes were
seen.

The largest variations here were seen for the nose, the temperature of which
appeared to show a significant late activation peak during the recovery phase following
androstadienone exposure in both the ovulatory and non-ovulatory women (p <0.001 for
both), as also seen for the forehead region with the non-ovulatory women (Fig. 4).

Moreover, in the ovulatory women, the palm temperature appeared to be the most responsive
parameter to androstadienone administration.

Furthermore, the time-courses of the responses to
exposure to androstadienone range across studies, from about 6 min, to 30-40 min, and
up to more than 2 h (Jacob and McClintock, 2000; Grosser et al., 2000; Bensafi et al.,
2003). These discrepancies might reflect the various methodological approaches and the
dose-dependent effects of the ANS responses that are seen between the sexes: at higher
concentrations, androstadienone has sympathetic-like effects in women, and
parasympathetic-like effects in men (Bensafi et al., 2003; Bensafi et al., 2004b).

Moreover,
thermal fluctuations that suggest a double heat-peak response to androstadienone were
detectable: an early response over the first few minutes of activation that is in agreement
with previous studies (Jacob and McClintock, 2000), and a delayed response that is
compatible with middle-to-late responses (Grosser et al., 2000; Bensafi et al., 2003).

Quote:Here's another

There are more.

[Image: Example.jpg]
06-22-2012 1:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks received:
247 thanks in 144 posts

RE: After all this time.. do pheromones work?
07-23-2012 7:37 PM

I know this is an old thread, but reading through made me remember something that might be appropriate. The OP mentioned being overweight. My understanding is that fat cells either increase estrogen in males or store estrogen in males and because of that all sorts of things can get out of whack. Is it possible that this would cause problems with pheromone reactions?

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Here-goes-n...lpha-libra

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
07-23-2012 7:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by wiserd

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked When was your OMG-Pheromones-DO-Work moment?! SportyCurve5 52 3,904 04-10-2012 9:51 AM
Last Post: as33156