Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Addiction distraction challenge
sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
143 thanks in 72 posts

Addiction distraction challenge
03-07-2013 2:24 PM

How many people here are addicted to the internet and entertainment?

I use to remember back in the dial-up days how I had to plan my time online, my time was productive online.
These days on my days of I can easily waste two, three hours online, I don't want to do this anymore.

I also use to only listen to radio music back in those days, sense of appreciation of hearing something for the first time, and never knowing of when hearing it again will happen.

To get back to a more time rich state of mind, I've set a challenge for myself to only spend 10minutes online just to check important emails and information. To make sure of this I will use my phone which has a limited usage, all my computers will remain off. This means, no entertainment as well, no music, no vids, no games, nothing. I also will not be listening to music on my way to work.
Instead the only entertainment I will have is a empty journal to write down all my thoughts and ideas.
My goal is to this for two weeks and see how different I feel.
I hope in the end of this experiment, my time is more productive, also have a finer appreciation of sensory indulgence. I also hope that my not constantly indulging my senses to a constat stream of different sensations I will have a better appreciation of enjoying the moment to it's fullest.

Anyone up to try this?
03-07-2013 2:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by terry0400-40, idontknow, Six

sunny10
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks received:
143 thanks in 72 posts

RE: Addiction distraction challenge
03-29-2013 3:11 PM

lol complete fail, lasted for a few days, time to take drastic actions, start with not renewing internet contract in a few weeks time. Istead get a 3g usb stick for internet access, more expensive but will be forced to use it more wisely.
DAMN YOU TECHNOLOGY Dash1

Trying to stop listening to music while on the way to work, I found that if stopped my negative self talk would start up, tried reading, but reading while moving makes me feel sick after a few minutes.
I know, I'll draw instead, would it be considered freaky if I drew fellow passengers(ok women)?
Mrgreen
03-29-2013 3:11 PM
doctordonald
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1028
Thanks received:
266 thanks in 171 posts

03-29-2013 4:31 PM

i keep no interrnet at my house. i go to a local place with wifi to use an ipad. i do work in an office, so i am sometimes distracted by facebook. i think i would like to set a time limit on that myself.

i do like streaming online radio. there is a particular station that i like that plays extreme metal. i like it for when i do paperwork.

so, yes. mixed blessing.
i keep no interrnet at my house. i go to a local place with wifi to use an ipad. i do work in an office, so i am sometimes distracted by facebook. i think i would like to set a time limit on that myself.

i do like streaming online radio. there is a particular station that i like that plays extreme metal. i like it for when i do paperwork.

so, yes. mixed blessing.

Check out my journal. Advice, suggestions, stories welcomed. http://pherotruth.com/Thread-my-journal--9194

Alpha Dream:
L2K v2
Alpha Maschio
Certo (for work)
Corpo
Glace

Apex:
Core Fury
Imprint Sandalwood
Titan sample

Hax:
X22
M512
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2013 4:31 PM by doctordonald.)
03-29-2013 4:31 PM
evitala
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
12 thanks in 8 posts

07-27-2013 1:02 PM

This is actually something I really should do. I spend loads of time online, it's terrible! There's so much else I could be, SHOULD be doing with my life. Eye opener right here, haha! I'll see if I can have my own version of this... Sometime...
07-27-2013 1:02 PM

Share This Thread