Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Ability to Pinpoint and Map your Location
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Ability to Pinpoint and Map your Location
09-04-2009 7:24 PM

You guys have probably already found this, but you can now pinpoint your locations on a map, if you want!

To view other members locations or to add yous, click on the Member Locations link in the upper nav area next to the Buddy List, or can also do so from your User CP.

The map and pinpointed locations are viewable only to registered members, so there's no fear of Google picking up your location and broadcasting it to the world, or non registered guests getting a look either.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
09-04-2009 7:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Ability to Pinpoint and Map your Location
09-05-2009 3:33 AM

Its a cool feature Mark. I do not want to discourage its use but I did work for PT for a long time and for some other forums and I want to give a word of warning.

Your location will only show if you add it to the system. We protect any and all personal information used in registering from public view. Do realize that all though most of us know each other here right now, Pherotruth is listed on google and eventually new people will find there way here.

Most of you were shielded from the occasional crazies who can end up on forums that deal with the subject matters we cover. Pheromones dating sex etc etc We did our job well over at PT and you never noticed them. I got harassed by quite a few though. Once they latch onto you its hard to shake them off sometimes.

I know in this new age of facebook and Myspace people are more open. I would be cautious and really think about it before you enter your location information. Especially the ladies here. You cant control who you are opening that information up to.

Tisha
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2009 3:36 AM by Tisha.)
09-05-2009 3:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Share This Thread