Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A Good Cologne
txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 189
Thanks received:
376 thanks in 118 posts

RE: A Good Cologne
08-10-2011 3:34 AM

Being someone near obsessed with passive seduction techniques, I recommend to you three of my favorite seductive scents (in order of preference):

Dirty English by Juicy Couture (deep cedar/woody smell, calm, relaxing, and has a smell that beckons people around you. "Let's go back to my place for some fun.")
Pure Instinct by David Beckham (a fresh type seductive scent. not sure how else to describe it, but it's a very cool and inviting smell. "You wanna come over for a few drinks?")
Play Intense by Givenchy (deep subtle scent with sweet undertones. it will certainly be appreciated. "Whether you come or go doesn't matter to me. Let's enjoy the moment.")

One new seductive scent I have my eye on is actually from the women's section. It's called Hypnotic Poison by Dior. Remember that when picking your scents, it's best to open your mind to ALL fragrances and not just those marketed for men. I'm willing to bet that if Hypnotic Poison was held up to a blindfolded person's nose, they would either unsure of the intended gender or consider it unisex. Opening your mind will be another way to avoid doing what every other guy does and can catch you some notoriety.

If you're looking for a real soft men's scent, try FCUK Him (lol, funny name) by French Connection UK. It's very unique and can be picked up real cheap on Amazon. A very unique scent. I become very relaxed in the presence of it, and I'd imagine it's the same for the people around me.

If you're looking for a light fruity/herbal scent, Fujiyama Homme by Succes de Paris. This scored some positive remarks from the asian crowd, but the scent does not last very long (a con, in my opinion, but asians tend to be real sensitive to scent anyway). This one is also fairly cheap on Amazon.

If you're looking for a fun, rich and fruity (yet masculine) scent, try Ed Hardy's Love And Luck by Christian Audiger. This is one of my favorites for daytime. It's very playful, and I get many compliments on it. However considering it's an Ed Hardy cologne, you run the risk of smelling like someone else. But, truth be told, I have never run into that problem. And if you want to get real technical, most guys don't usually wear cologne anyway, but it's a staple for me.

If you're looking for something bold and a bit on the wild side, maybe try Joop Homme by Joop. Be warned that only one spray (two MAX) will be more than enough. It is a very STRONG scent and overpowers my Scented Alpha-7 easily (can't say that about many others). Although marketed for Men, I initially thought this was a women's perfume. It has a very unisex smell to it.

My newest scent exploration will be with Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules. Has a huge pricetag, but I managed to find a bottle that undercut retail price by $40. It's composed of 65% Iso E Super, and the rest is a blend of other scents. From what I hear, it's quite impressive. Can't wait til it arrives.

If you want to try Molecule 01 (same as Escentric 01, except composed of 100% Iso E Super) on the cheap, you can buy enough Iso E Super for around $20 (from what I hear) and then just mix it with ethanol (perfumer's alcohol or everclear). Toss it in an atomizer and you're set.

Hi

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011 4:09 AM by txi0m.)
08-10-2011 3:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by JesseJester, JonJon

Q-Tips
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 349
Thanks received:
364 thanks in 138 posts

08-10-2011 3:58 AM

The two cologne i got best feedback from girls is L'Homme from YSL and Made for Men by Bruno Banani. I cant say its my own favours, but i find them allright.
The one i been using most lately are Dirty English from Juicy Couture and Euphoria CK.
08-10-2011 3:58 AM
Thanks given by JonJon
Pheroman
Pheruminati

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1101
Thanks received:
1065 thanks in 431 posts

08-10-2011 8:37 AM

Just added Polo Explorer and Paco Rabanne One Million. Both smell classic to me.
Most of the recent stuff smells way to soft and fruity for my liking.

Although Love potions have some great scents that are just different.
Hard to explain, but a different type of scent that just feels good to wear.

My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
You think I am crazy? I know i am!
08-10-2011 8:37 AM
Thanks given by JonJon
2Soon2Care
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 92
Thanks received:
280 thanks in 150 posts

08-10-2011 11:52 AM

Wow you folks rock! I know as little about scents as I did about pheromones when I started, I'll summarize recommendations periodically at the first post.

I'd love to have a voting/poll type thing that would allow someone to enter something random like the name of a cologne or perfume and then everyone can vote to see how highly rated each item in the entire list becomes

Fun Kit
Androtics Direct - IJ 1x, IO 2x, TUTH 1x, ISh 4x
Liquid Alchemy Labs - Estratetraenol
Alpha Dream - Glace w/Molecule "A", Alfa Maschio, Corporativo, Certo, Androstadienone
HAX Pheroceuticals - Wingman Element X, Wingman Element 9+O, Wingman Edge X22
08-10-2011 11:52 AM
Thanks given by JonJon
JesseJester
Call Me Daddy

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 164
Thanks received:
228 thanks in 95 posts

08-10-2011 1:50 PM

(08-10-2011 3:34 AM)txi0m Wrote:  Being someone near obsessed with passive seduction techniques, I recommend to you three of my favorite seductive scents (in order of preference):

Dirty English by Juicy Couture (deep cedar/woody smell, calm, relaxing, and has a smell that beckons people around you. "Let's go back to my place for some fun.")
Pure Instinct by David Beckham (a fresh type seductive scent. not sure how else to describe it, but it's a very cool and inviting smell. "You wanna come over for a few drinks?")
Play Intense by Givenchy (deep subtle scent with sweet undertones. it will certainly be appreciated. "Whether you come or go doesn't matter to me. Let's enjoy the moment.")

One new seductive scent I have my eye on is actually from the women's section. It's called Hypnotic Poison by Dior. Remember that when picking your scents, it's best to open your mind to ALL fragrances and not just those marketed for men. I'm willing to bet that if Hypnotic Poison was held up to a blindfolded person's nose, they would either unsure of the intended gender or consider it unisex. Opening your mind will be another way to avoid doing what every other guy does and can catch you some notoriety.

If you're looking for a real soft men's scent, try FCUK Him (lol, funny name) by French Connection UK. It's very unique and can be picked up real cheap on Amazon. A very unique scent. I become very relaxed in the presence of it, and I'd imagine it's the same for the people around me.

If you're looking for a light fruity/herbal scent, Fujiyama Homme by Succes de Paris. This scored some positive remarks from the asian crowd, but the scent does not last very long (a con, in my opinion, but asians tend to be real sensitive to scent anyway). This one is also fairly cheap on Amazon.

If you're looking for a fun, rich and fruity (yet masculine) scent, try Ed Hardy's Love And Luck by Christian Audiger. This is one of my favorites for daytime. It's very playful, and I get many compliments on it. However considering it's an Ed Hardy cologne, you run the risk of smelling like someone else. But, truth be told, I have never run into that problem. And if you want to get real technical, most guys don't usually wear cologne anyway, but it's a staple for me.
If you're looking for something bold and a bit on the wild side, maybe try Joop Homme by Joop. Be warned that only one spray (two MAX) will be more than enough. It is a very STRONG scent and overpowers my Scented Alpha-7 easily (can't say that about many others). Although marketed for Men, I initially thought this was a women's perfume. It has a very unisex smell to it.

My newest scent exploration will be with Escentric 01 by Escentric Molecules. Has a huge pricetag, but I managed to find a bottle that undercut retail price by $40. It's composed of 65% Iso E Super, and the rest is a blend of other scents. From what I hear, it's quite impressive. Can't wait til it arrives.

If you want to try Molecule 01 (same as Escentric 01, except composed of 100% Iso E Super) on the cheap, you can buy enough Iso E Super for around $20 (from what I hear) and then just mix it with ethanol (perfumer's alcohol or everclear). Toss it in an atomizer and you're set.

Hi

Love & Luck is my everyday scent. I get lots of compliments both in the workplace and out in the field. Its very close to a creed scent at 1/3 the price. I have yet to notice the scent on someone else. I think people are scared off because it is an ED Hardy Product. I think they figure "wow not only do not want to dress like a douche, i certainly dont want to smell like one either."

Don't set boundaries, discover them.
08-10-2011 1:50 PM
Thanks given by JonJon

Q-Tips
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 349
Thanks received:
364 thanks in 138 posts

08-11-2011 5:02 AM

(08-10-2011 8:37 AM)Pheroman Wrote:  Although Love potions have some great scents that are just different.
Hard to explain, but a different type of scent that just feels good to wear.

Have to agree with Pheroman. And yes, many feels good to wear, even tough there are so much to choose from. If you are affraid using a cologne who turns out to be the same as her x boyfriend or her father, then Love Potion is the way to go. Love Potion's cologne will be your own unique and personal cologne. I had many comments from women being curious for what i am using.
My favours :
Aqua : Pendragon
Green : Creole Man
Spicy : Teachers Pest
Blended with pheromone : Voracious
Foody : UN for Men (To sweet for me, but i recognise so many women who just love it. Works like a magnet)
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011 5:06 AM by Q-Tips.)
08-11-2011 5:02 AM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks received:
159 thanks in 298 posts

08-11-2011 11:06 AM

I definitely like Unforgivable & Euphoria for men, but I find myself coming in closer to my husband when he's wearing LPMP scents. It's the same when I wear perfume. He consciously like classic scents & commercial stuff, but if he's 2 tired & I'm in the mood, then I know that putting on my smutty smelling Love Potion: Passion & Desire (Love Potion: P&D) boosted with Leather & cops is going to be much more successful in getting me what I want.
08-11-2011 11:06 AM
Thanks given by JonJon
misfit101
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks received:
78 thanks in 22 posts

08-11-2011 8:43 PM

My Everyday favorite is: Versace Homme
High End Favorite is: Creed Millesime Imperial
Favorite Sweet/Foody Scent: Sorcerer For Men (Love Potion)
Favorite Scent to smell on myself: Snake Oil by BPAL (I am in love with this smell)
Favorite Summer Scent: Creed Virgin Island Water
Favorite Winter Scent: Winter Star by Michael Storer
...Yes I love scents, but these are all honestly superb and you can't go wrong with any of them!
08-11-2011 8:43 PM
txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 189
Thanks received:
376 thanks in 118 posts

08-11-2011 10:44 PM

(08-10-2011 1:50 PM)JesseJester Wrote:  Love & Luck is my everyday scent. I get lots of compliments both in the workplace and out in the field. Its very close to a creed scent at 1/3 the price. I have yet to notice the scent on someone else. I think people are scared off because it is an ED Hardy Product. I think they figure "wow not only do not want to dress like a douche, i certainly dont want to smell like one either."
It's funny to hear you say that, because many of my friends think similarly with Ed Hardy products. However I never got that vibe from them because I bought myself some Ed Hardy shirts before it became a "douche fad", lol. So to suddenly see it become something with a terrible association was surprising.

I agree with you completely though. This is why I'm hesitant to buy Unforgivable (lol?! most ridiculous name and box art imo), because THAT looks douchey. Maybe I'll buy it if I smell it and like it. After all, nobody can see or read scent. Names and art don't matter.

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
08-11-2011 10:44 PM

2Soon2Care
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 92
Thanks received:
280 thanks in 150 posts

08-11-2011 11:15 PM

OK here is an updated running list, I'm keeping this on Evernote so I can go shopping using my smart phone :

Sites and scents links :

from PheroTruth members - number times recommended in (parenthesis)

Colognes for Men
(3x) Calvin Klein - Euphoria -
(3x) Christian Audiger - Ed Hardy's Love And Luck - Fun, rich and fruity (yet masculine), daytime, very playful, get many compliments, commonly used
(3x) sean john - unforgivable - citrus fragrance, awesome, good projection, runs a close second to Euphoria
(2x) Juicy Couture - Dirty English - deep cedar/woody smell, calm, relaxing, and has a smell that beckons people around you. "Let's go back to my place for some fun."
(2x) Joop - Joop Homme - Bold and a bit on the wild side, one spray (two MAX), very STRONG scent and overpowers my Scented Alpha-7 easily, very unisex smell, excellent sillage + projection + longevity
(2x) Liz Claiborne - Mambo for men -
(2x) Paco Rabanne - One Million - classic, excellent sillage + projection + longevity
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Snake Oil - smells good on me
Bruno Banani - Made for Men -
Burberry - Burberry Weekend -
bvlgari - aqva - fresh, aquatic fragrance with some citrus, feels very calm and relaxed,
Creed - Millesime Imperial - high end
Creed - Virgin Island Water - summer seasonal
David Beckham - Pure Instinct - fresh type seductive scent, very cool and inviting smell. "You wanna come over for a few drinks?"
Dior - Hypnotic Poison - of interest, maybe unisex
Escentric Molecules - Escentric 01 - huge pricetag, 65% Iso E Super, and the rest is a blend of other scents. From what I hear, it's quite impressive
French Connection UK - FCUK Him - real soft, unique, very relaxing, cheap on Amazon
Givenchy - Play Intense - deep subtle scent with sweet undertones, will certainly be appreciated. "Whether you come or go doesn't matter to me. Let's enjoy the moment."
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie - Creole Man - Green
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie - Pendragon - Aqua
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie - Sorcerer For Men - foody/sweet
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie - Teachers Pest - Spicy
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie - UN for Men - Foody, too sweet for me, but i recognise so many women who just love it. Works like a magnet
Love Potion Magickal Perfumerie - Voracious - Blended with pheromone
Michael Storer - Star - winter seasonal
Polo - Explorer - classic
Succes de Paris - Fujiyama Homme - Light fruity/herbal scent, scored some positive remarks from the asian crowd, low longevity, cheap on Amazon
Versace - Homme - everyday
Yves Saint Laurent - L'Homme -

Others from various fragrance websites

Excellent Sillage + Projection + Longevity
* Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros
* Givenchy - Xeryus Rouge
* Paco Rabanne - 1 Million
* Jean Paul Gaultier - Fleur du Mâle
* Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
* Dolce & Gabbana - pour homme
* Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain

Others
(2x) Creed - Aventus
Alfred Sung - Sung Homme
Azzaro - Azzaro pour Homme
Azzaro For Men - Chrome Legend
Body Kouros
Bond No 9 - New Haarlem
Carolina Herrera - 212 Sexy Men
Caron - L'Anarchiste
Caron - Le 3` Homme de Caron
Chanel - Antaeus
Creed - Bois Du Portugal
Creed - Green Irish Tweed
Creed - Original Vetiver
Creed - Silver Mountain Water
Diesel - Fuel for Life Homme
Dior - Dior Homme Intense
Dior - Homme Intense
Dolce & Gabbana - pour Homme
Dolce & Gabbana - The One
Escada - Sunset Heat
Giorgio Armani - Aqua Di Gio
Glenn Perri - Unpredictable Desire
Guerlain - Heritage
Guerlain - Homme
Guerlain - Vetiver
Guy Laroche - Drakkar Noir
Jacques Bogart - Bogart Pour Homme
Jacques Bogart - Silver Scent
John Varvatos - John Varvatos
L'eau D'issey - pour homme Intense
Lalique Lalique - Pour Homme
Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin
Montale - Black Aoud
New York PdN
Salvatore Ferragamo - F
Ted Lapidus - Black Soul
Ted Lapidus - Lapidus Pour Homme
Terre d'Hermes EDT
Thierry Mugler - A*Men
Tom Ford - Tom Ford for Men
Van Cleef & Arpels - Kourous
Van Cleef & Arpels - pour homme
Van Cleef & Arpels - Quorum
Yatagan
Yves Saint - Laurent M7
Yves Saint Laurent - M7 Fresh

Good Search criteria

Fun Kit
Androtics Direct - IJ 1x, IO 2x, TUTH 1x, ISh 4x
Liquid Alchemy Labs - Estratetraenol
Alpha Dream - Glace w/Molecule "A", Alfa Maschio, Corporativo, Certo, Androstadienone
HAX Pheroceuticals - Wingman Element X, Wingman Element 9+O, Wingman Edge X22
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011 12:21 AM by 2Soon2Care.)
08-11-2011 11:15 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Good Cologne For Bonding Arrow 5 238 12-04-2011 9:14 PM
Last Post: paradigmshift