Hello There, Guest! Register

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

A Cup That Tricks Your Brain
DarkLord1

Sex: Male

Rep Post

A Cup That Tricks Your Brain
02-04-2017 2:51 AM

My latest experiment in health self improvement is that I drink too many sugary drinks. I have to cut back and am struggling a bit because I like sweet drinks.

So I do a bit of research and this guy who happens to be diabetic (like me) comes up with an invention that uses your nose to trick your brain. I wonder do we use anything like that Ok

It's called the "Right Cup". Basically, 80% of your sense of taste comes from your sense of smell.

I'll review when I get them...A bit of a time lag for shipping.

02-04-2017 2:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

RE: A Cup That Tricks Your Brain
02-04-2017 12:07 PM

I've seen this before but I'm curious to know more about it. Thank you for mentioning it and willing to update us.

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 12:09 PM by ShadowX114.)
02-04-2017 12:07 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

02-23-2017 5:14 PM

(02-04-2017 12:07 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  I've seen this before but I'm curious to know more about it. Thank you for mentioning it and willing to update us.

I'm rating these pretty low....If you have bad tasting water (I do), you don't taste the bad when drinking from this cup.

As for tasting sweet......Nope. They said that about a third of people take time to get used to the cup....I must be one of the third or my brain is not easily tricked by cups....other things trick it all the time Angel

I have personally had better success with using lemon or lime juice to make water more palatable without getting the sugar (or using an artificial sweetner).

Oh well....Back to the drawing board.
02-23-2017 5:14 PM
Spars
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-23-2017 6:51 PM

Damn! Bought one on your intrigue. I will let you all know how this goes for me. I am not diabetic, but 6/7 days a week I eat keto.

“I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate... Just an elaborate mating ritual. Maybe it doesn’t matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons...”

— Dr. Robert Ford (Anthony Hopkins),
02-23-2017 6:51 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

02-23-2017 9:11 PM

(02-23-2017 6:51 PM)Spars Wrote:  Damn! Bought one on your intrigue. I will let you all know how this goes for me. I am not diabetic, but 6/7 days a week I eat keto.

Sorry Spars. Maybe you will be one of the 67%. I will keep up with the cup for awhile, but in 3 days....it's not sweet.
02-23-2017 9:11 PM

ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-24-2017 2:03 PM

DarkLord, I know that you would like to avoid artificial sweeteners but what I currently do that helped me stop my energy drink addictions is the following:

- Carbonated water (I used to buy Perrier until I realized how much money I'm spending on re-stocking so I'm buying Wal-Mart's brand which is Great Value Soda Club)
- Also from Wal-Mart, I'm buying SodaStream's Diet Cola concentrated liquid (they have other flavors too such as Dr. Pepper, ginger Ale, etc.)
- and I mix them together with some nootropics too.

This has replaced my energy drink addiction. Not only I'm controlling the amount of mg of caffeine I want to consume (Monster and Rockstar make me jittery) but the taste is also satisfying for my sweet tooth.

The SodaStream isn't sweetened with Aspartame. It's with Sucralose I think. But if you prefer Stevia, iherb.com also sells Stevia flavored liquids but I didn't like them that much.

Oh and there's also Zevia. No artificial sweetners, only Stevia and they are as satisfying as soft drinks but it depends whether you can tolerate the after taste of Stevia. My brothers can't , while for me I don't notice it at all

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2017 2:06 PM by ShadowX114.)
02-24-2017 2:03 PM
HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

02-24-2017 2:07 PM

Sucralose is terrible for you too.
02-24-2017 2:07 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

02-24-2017 4:52 PM

(02-24-2017 2:03 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  DarkLord, I know that you would like to avoid artificial sweeteners but what I currently do that helped me stop my energy drink addictions is the following:

- Carbonated water (I used to buy Perrier until I realized how much money I'm spending on re-stocking so I'm buying Wal-Mart's brand which is Great Value Soda Club)
- Also from Wal-Mart, I'm buying SodaStream's Diet Cola concentrated liquid (they have other flavors too such as Dr. Pepper, ginger Ale, etc.)
- and I mix them together with some nootropics too.

This has replaced my energy drink addiction. Not only I'm controlling the amount of mg of caffeine I want to consume (Monster and Rockstar make me jittery) but the taste is also satisfying for my sweet tooth.

The SodaStream isn't sweetened with Aspartame. It's with Sucralose I think. But if you prefer Stevia, iherb.com also sells Stevia flavored liquids but I didn't like them that much.

Oh and there's also Zevia. No artificial sweetners, only Stevia and they are as satisfying as soft drinks but it depends whether you can tolerate the after taste of Stevia. My brothers can't , while for me I don't notice it at all

Thank you for the advice...I always appreciate any and all advice because I realize that I don't know everything.

I've been thinking about a soda stream....I do an occasional diet soda that I squeeze lemon into...this cuts that metallic taste, but as you mentioned, a mainstream day to day thing is better....which typically rules out the artificial sweetners for me too.

I'll keep playing until something works.
02-24-2017 4:52 PM
DataDragon - Banned
Banned

06-22-2017 8:28 PM

What I have been drinking and completely removed all sugar drinks from my life:

SANPELLEGRINO Mineral Water. Contains important minerals your body needs.

Deer Park Water or other Spring Water is better then purified as purified or osmosis water removes the minerals and not have too much copper or other problems with local water in a few places.

Volcano Lemon Burst, I found these at Whole Food but also on Amazon, for adding Lemon flavor to water without preservatives, or cut a fresh lemon and squeeze but thats more work lol. This is REAL lemon.

SweetLeaf Stevia Sweetener. This is the only sweetener that doesnt harm you in some way, and the only brand that I've found so far that isnt mixed with sugar alcohols. Add a packet to your water and volcano lemon burst or there is a liquid version when you are at home and can keep in fridge.

Unsweetened Black or Green Tea. Add Sweetleaf Sweetener. Be aware that caffeine lowers your magnesium and makes your adrenal glands temporary work harder to give you short term energy. If you are someone who has trouble getting going in the morning or requires more then 1 caffeine drink in a day, you should not drink ANY caffeine because you are making your adrenal glands worse over time by doing so. If you find an organic brand, its better.

Coconut Water - A great source of Potassium and far less sugar then whats in say a coke which has zero benefit to the body.

Zevia - Once a week if you have a taste for a soft drink still, you can try these. They still arent 'good' for you, but they have removed the artificial colors.

Rarely, not regular due to sugar content: Orange Juice (Vitamin C)

Orgain Organic Nutrition Drink. If your going to have any sugar, might as well have protein and all kinds of vitamins and minerals.

After drinking diet and regular soft drinks for 20 years, I too never thought I'd be able to give it up. I was wrong.

Apx M3X, C36, Imt, Core, Tit, Dion, Man2
PT THU, Swn, GoA, 0to69, AT, Astax
LAL AlQ, Wlf, AV, BW, DP
PXS DMe o, Tab, Evol, Coh, Asc, P96,86, Bls, Cnx, Xist
LuvE Max Attr, ScErs o
Lacroy NPATc,NPA 5,Edge,B2B
LovSc ScErs g
AD AM LIIK V1+2 6-17,Cert
LPMP WM, WM/PM, HuTr, HThr, HMet, MkGn, ShEs, Aja
Oth IsoESup
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2017 8:51 PM by DataDragon.)
06-22-2017 8:28 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

06-22-2017 9:13 PM

My mom's diabetic, and she uses Okra fairly often, this is not about the right cup, but more of a, controlling the sugar levels in ur blood so u don't really need to use that cup.

In other words, how to lower the sugar levels to go back to enjoying sugary drinks and foods. Have you's thought about that? Putting a bit of okra into ur diet?

My mom can't quit eating sweets. She's just her, so she rekons okra mixed in her diet, PLUS a few medications, helps her to control the sugar levels in her blood. So she doesn't necessarily have to COMPLETELY quit eating sugars. She rekons it neutralizes the levels.

Hope this helps. Smile good luck.
06-22-2017 9:13 PM

Share This Thread